Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Good Boy by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy is LIVE!



GOOD BOY GR LINK

Hosting her brother’s wedding for an MVP guest list is the challenge of Jess Canning’s life. Already the family screw-up, she can’t afford to fail. And nobody (nobody!) can learn of the colossal mistake she made with the best man during a weak moment last spring. It was wrong, and there will not be a repeat. Absolutely not. Even if he is the sexiest thing on two legs.

Blake Riley sees the wedding as fate’s gift to him. Jess is the maid of honor and he’s the best man? Let the games begin. So what if he’s facing a little (fine, a lot) of resistance? He just needs to convince the stubborn blonde that he’s really a good boy with a bad rap. Luckily, every professional hockey player knows that you’ve got to make an effort if you want to score.

But Jess has more pressing issues to deal with than sexy-times with a giant man-child. Such as: Will the ceremony start on time, even though someone got grandma drunk? Does glitter ever belong at a wedding? And is it wrong to murder the best man?

Caution: May cause accidental aspiration of tea or coffee. Do not read in a public place where loud laughter is inappropriate. Contains hot but hilarious hockey players, puppy cuddling and a snarky pair of underwear

http://amzn.to/2jyN2KF


BELLA'S REVIEW: 5 STARS!!


Cheezus! This book was amazing!

Him and Us are hands down two of my top reads. Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy know how to bring humor, romance and heat to their stories. When I read Us and got a glimpse of Blake and Jessie together, I needed more.

Good Boy can be read as a standalone, but I definitely recommend starting with Him/Us - why would you want to miss out on Jaime and Wes's story????

What I love about this book:
~ The writing. Whether their writing individually or together, Sarina and Elle write a story that is easy to read, pulls at my heart and makes me laugh and fall in love. They know the key ingredients to make a good book and this one had everything I look for in a great read. 

~ Blake. CHEEZUS. I love this character. He comes across as a total goofball - and he is - he's loud, funny and a total hornball. But he's also loyal and loving and romantic. I love his family - Mama Riley especially. 

~ Jess. What a great heroine. She's going back to school for yet another career change and doesn't want to disappoint her family. I was rooting for her from the start. She tries to resist Blake's charms...but you know how that goes. 

~ Friends turned lovers. These two both have committment/relationship issues. Blake was burned in the past and Jess is in school - no time for a new relationship. But they are drawn together and I LOVE how much chemistry they have. 

~ Jaime and Wes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God I love these two guys. I love that they were a part of this book and I got to see them married and happy. Did I mention you should start with Him and Us?? Please, even if you don't like m/m books, give it a try. 

~ The feels. I laughed, I lusted, I got a bit misty eyed and I swooned. I was rooting for these two to end up together. Reading this book put a goofy smile on my face almost the entire time.

Bottom line: READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

Highly recommend!



CHRISTY'S REVIEW:


4.5 stars!


   photo C2061D2C-936B-4DE8-857B-EC0AA5278BEA_zpsmfkm6vxl.jpg


I’ve read several books by Sarina Bowen and several books by Elle Kennedy. Both authors write fantastic stories and I’ve loved everything I’ve read by them. Good Boy is the first book I’ve read by them both. I know, I know… I must get to Him/Us. Trust me! After reading this, I am desperate to read Jamie and Wesley’s full story! This is one of those books that had me smiling the entire time. With a hero like Blake, it’s almost impossible not to keep a huge grin on your face. He has that effect on people.

The story starts with Jess Canning, wedding planner and maid of honor for her brother Jamie’s wedding. Jamie is marrying Wesley, and Wesley’s best man is none other than Blake Riley. NHL player and the guy Jess hooked up with but would rather forget. Jess and Blake’s relationship is hilarious from the very start. You know they both like each other, but Blake is such a goof and Jess is resistant to being with him again in any capacity.
 
To look at us, you’d almost think that Jess didn’t like me. But this is just how we are together. Fiery, baby.



When Jess moves to Toronto to start nursing school, she knows she has to buckle down and get serious. She’s 26 and has had a long battle trying to decide what to do with her life. She’s finally decided this is it. This is her calling. She’s glad to have Jamie and Wes near by, but she can’t have distractions while she’s in school. But with Jamie and Wes comes Blake Riley. The biggest distraction known to man. Blake and Jess drive each other crazy, but their chemistry is off the charts. I love their banter and seeing them together kept a huge crazy grin on my face.

These two end up doing the friends-with-benefits thing, but it’s so obvious there is so much more there… they both just need to figure it out. Blake is one of those characters that might annoy certain readers, but I thought he was fantastic. I love guys like him. He has great family values, a heart of gold, and seriously made me laugh out loud so many times. Jess started out just okay for me, but honestly her experience with nursing school made me like her so much more. I developed a deep respect for her. As a nurse, I know how challenging it can be and kudos to anyone who puts their heart and soul into it like she did.

Overall, this story was fun, sexy and very entertaining. I didn’t want to put the book down and I had such a great time reading it. It wasn’t all laughs, there was just enough emotion to make me a happy reader. I look forward to the next book in this series, and can’t wait to go back and read Wes and Jamie’s story!


Check out STAY, releasing this summer!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon