Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A review of: Rules of a Rebel and a Shy Girl by Jessica Sorensen

Rules of a Rebel and a Shy GirlRules of a Rebel and a Shy Girl by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


   photo 915832D2-0576-4ACC-B691-D99084E600B0_zps5bizmhe5.png


Rules of a Rebel and a Shy Girl is a great new friends to lovers story from Jessica Sorensen. It’s marketed as a stand alone, and it is, but if you’ve read Confessions of a Kleptomaniac by Sorensen, then you’ve already met Willow and Beckett.

Willow has rules in place to protect her. To protect her heart. One of those rules is not letting her lips touch those of her best friend, Beck and Willow have been best friends since they were kids. Their lives are so different. Beckett comes from a well off family, and Willow is the adult in her household. Her mother is pretty terrible and as hard as Willow tries to keep things together in her household, sometimes she needs help. She really hates that she needs it, but Beckett is always there for her when she needs him.
 
   
“Taking care of you is one of my favorite things to do, so quit arguing and let me do what I love.”

 



Beckett has real feelings for Willow, and has for a while now. Feelings that run much deeper than friendship. Willow has those feelings too, but she can’t act on them. Beck is the one person in her life that she can always count on. The one person she loves and leans on. She can’t risk their friendship if things don’t work out. When Beck kisses Willow, she’ll try to stand strong with her ’no kissing’ rule, but will she be able to withstand him…

Beckett is one of the best characters Sorensen has written in a while. I loved him. He had such a big heart and so much love for Willow. He was understanding with her hesitations, and knew when to push and when to hold back. I wish Willow would have gotten with the program a little earlier, but I completely understood where she was coming from. Her life was so difficult and it’s scary to make big changes like she did. And being stubborn and not wanting help is something I totally understand, being a stubborn woman myself.

This is one of those quick and easy reads I read in one sitting. It was a sweet friends to lovers romance that left me with a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon