Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Sidebarred by Emma Chase - MUST READ!!



Sidebarred by Emma Chase
A Legal Briefs Novella

There was a time when Jake Becker had it all together. He was controlled, driven, ruthless—in and out of the courtroom.

Then, six irresistible orphans and their heartbreakingly beautiful aunt crashed into his perfectly ordered life. They changed everything. They changed him. Now he’s a husband, an upstanding member of society, a father figure—a family man. And he’s pretty damn good at it.

Sure, he has to referee sibling smackdowns, re-learn algebra, ensure his clients stay of jail, and keep his wife happy—but it finally feels like he’s got it together again....

So, of course something has to screw it all up. It’s huge. Life-changing. Kind of terrifying.

And it will be the most amazing, perfect thing he’ll ever do.



Bella's 5 Star Review

Sustained was the most amazing book and I'm THRILLED that we got to catch up with Jake and Chelsea and the whole gang with this novella. 

I rarely give novellas 5 stars because they usually leave me wanting more. And while I could never get enough of reading about this family, Sidebarred filled up my heart and left me smiling and satisfied. 

Sidebarred is told from only Jakes POV. Emma Chase has really nailed the male POV and I love being in Jake's head. He is such an awesome hero. 

What I loved about this book:
~The writing. I was sucked in and couldn't stop turning the pages. 
~ The feels. Seriously. I laughed OUT LOUD many times. Funny scenes, sexy scenes, heart wrenching scenes, happy scenes. I felt SO much while reading this little nugget. 
~ Jake. It warrants repeating. Jake is so awesome. I especially love the scenes with Jake interacting with the kids. Him braiding hair, giving sex talks, easing Raymond's fears....SWOON. Seriously, I could not be more in love with this fictional character. 
~ Chelsea. She is also a pretty amazing heroine. I love that she is strong and challenges Jake when he gets all caveman. (But I also love that he gets all caveman over Chelsea.)
~ The kids. This story would not pull at my heart without EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 6 kids. They all have different personalities. They all bring out something different in the story. Even if you don't like kids, you can't help but fall in love with these kids. 
~Narration. I read the book first, but HAD to get the audio. This is my favorite way to re-read a book and Sebastian York played Jake perfectly. PERFECTLY. I love his narration in general. But awesome narration + awesome story = absolute perfection. 

What I didn't like about the book: not a thing!! I loved every second!!!

Bottom line: Sustained and Sidebarred are hands down one of my most favorite reads this year. PLEASE read Sidebarred, but start with Sustained

READ IT. 

Highly Recommend. 

Super-awesome-favorite!!!


Christy's 5 Star Review

 


Sustained was my favorite book in Emma Chase’s Legal Briefs series. When I heard we were getting a novella with more Jake, Chelsea and the kids (plus the rest of the gang) I jumped with excitement. This novella did not disappoint. I loved getting more of my favorite characters and savored every word of their story. It’s a quick read with a lot of heart and one all fans of this series should pick up as soon as it’s available. 
We’ve been married for about two years and there hasn’t been a single morning when I didn’t wake with a smile tugging at my lips. Not one fucking time. Because she’s beside me.

Jake Becker has it all. A great job, great friends, a wife he loves more than anything and 6 kids that fell in his lap when he met Chelsea. It’s been 2 years since they’ve been married and he wouldn’t change a thing. Jake loves his hectic and wild life. I’m sure we all wonder from time to time what happens after the end of the book. I love when authors give us glimpses into that! Once again, this story is completely is Jake’s POV which is the best thing ever. Chase does the greatest job with the male POV. I adored the direction this story took and it was great to see the gang growing up. 

Sidebarred is very much an extended epilogue of Sustainedand kind of the entire Legal Briefs series. You will want to read the other books first, or at the very least, Sustained. I rarely give novella’s 5 stars but there was not one thing I didn’t completely love and adore about this story. It was perfection. Sweet, sexy, funny, the entire package! I recommend to all fans of this series. Read it as soon as you can get your hands on it!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon