Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Paper Princess by Erin Watt is LIVE!!!



From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself.

These Royals will ruin you…

Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone. 

Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.

Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.

He might be right.

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees. 






QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOOK

Q: Is this really a YA? 

We recommend this for young adult readers, age 17 and up. We think it’s a book that will appeal to older teens and those adults who are in touch with their inner teen, like us.

Q: Is there a cliffhanger? I’ve heard there’s an awful cliffhanger! Why’d you write a cliffhanger?

We promise that we didn’t set out to write a cliffhanger, but Paper Princess does end in one. The good news is that the next book will be released July 25, 2016.

Christy's 5+ star review!!!!!



   photo 99165519-BE7C-45D1-80B9-6458D2AD5408_zps67osmna5.jpg


I honestly can’t tell you the last time I’ve read a book that was this addictive. This book was like crack to me. I started it on a day when I had things going on and no matter what I had to do, I was itching to read it. I was sneaking in chapters. I devoured this book. It was angsty in the best way possible, had a strong heroine and a family of brothers who ended up being the most lovable jerks- but trust me, you won’t love them all the time!

Ella Harper is tough. She’s only 17, but ever since her mom died of cancer, she’s been making it on her own. It’s been a struggle, but she does it. Out of nowhere, a man she’s never met, Callum Royal, claims to be her legal guardian and takes her home with him. And his 5 sons await.

 
   “You should know whatever game you're playing, you can't win. Not against all of us.If you leave now, you won't be hurt. If you stay, we'll break you so bad that you'll be crawling away.”

Yeah, these Royal boys can be brutal. Especially the leader of their pack, Reed. I loved how Ella handled them. She is so bad ass. She always stays true to herself and says what is on her mind. She’ll play their game if she has too… These boys think they know her. They have no idea.


   photo A3D1C67D-0D66-447B-B9B3-D66E5FF3257A_zpsclzwwjcl.jpg


The sexual tension between Reed and Ella is off the charts. Although neither one likes the other, sometimes it seems like Reed straight up despises Ella, you can feel the heat between them. The authors did a fantastic job writing these characters. I never hated these Royal boys so much that I felt they were completely unredeemable. Of course, Reed was great (some of the time) but one of my favorite characters in the book was Easton Royal. He was so funny and became a friend to Ella when she needed one.

After spending more time with these Royal boys, Ella sees who they really are and why they do the things they do. She’s resilient. She doesn’t back down and she doesn't give up. On them, or herself.


   photo C88DAA56-9B32-4270-90B2-744A9793FEE7_zpstn6zrwvb.jpg


I thought the authors did a fantastic job of co-writing this story. It was so smooth and had such a great flow, I couldn’t tell who had written what.

This book completely stressed me out. There were twists, turns, angst, drama, revenge, betrayal, love, friendship and more than one jaw-dropping moment. That ending. I can’t even with that. WHAT WAS THAT??? I was dying. Let me tell you now, when the second book releases in a few short months, I will have no problem recalling what happened at the end. My jaw is still on the floor and my heart still hurts from reading that last chapter!

If you’re looking for an all-consuming story that’s full of angst- and as the authors describe it ‘a love child of Cruel Intentions and Gossip Girl’ <—- very accurate IMO- READ THIS BOOK!!!!!! I couldn’t get enough!

 
   “No one wants to be ruined. We all want to be saved.”



   photo FFECAC92-229C-4DB2-B03A-62D952852884_zpsi7xhjrwq.jpg

Bella's 6 Star Review:

This book was so awesomely addictive! I couldn't stop turning the pages. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it. When I was reading it, my mind was racing to figure out what was going to happen. And when I finished it, I just sat there, jaw hanging open, cursing the fact that I had an ARC and no one else I knew had read it yet because I just wanted to talk to someone about it!!! This book induced a full on book hangover so bad I needed someone to hold my hand.

What I loved about this book:
~ The writing. I have read Elle Kennedy before, but never Jen Frederick. I'm so impressed when 2 authors get together to write a story. This seems harder to me than writing a story by yourself but these 2 wrote seamlessly. The story sucked me in and I was invested in Ella very quickly. Please, please, please bring us more books, Erin Watt!!!

~ Ella. This heroine is awesome!!! She's so strong. So brave. So resilient. I want to be friends with her. Scratch that...I want to BE her!!! I love her sense of survival when life has thrown so many hard hits her way.

~ The Royals. Man, oh man. Ella finds herself living with Callum Royal and his 5 sons. I was afraid that I would confuse the brothers, but they are all unique and add to the story. Never a dull moment in this household!!! I need a book for all of the brothers. And maybe even Callum, too.

~ Unpredictable. I thought I knew what was going to happen. But I was wrong. I had to keep turning the pages to see where the story was going. And that ending!!!!!

WTF.

Was.

That.

ENDING??????? Seriously. I just. Words fail me. I can't even... GAH! That ending threw me for a loop.

Yes, there is a cliffhanger. Yes, the next book isn't out until July. But seriously you have to read this book!!!

Bottom line: This book sucked me in, made me feel everything, shook me up, surprised me with the twists and turns and made me realize that not everything that glitters is gold. And I want more of the Royals.
Much, much more!!!

Can't wait to read the rest of the series.

ONE CLICK NOW!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon