Sunday, November 1, 2015

Babes chat about The Game Plan - by Kristen Callihan @Kris10Callihan @ninabocci



SUMMARY
A beard-related dare and one hot-as-hell kiss changes everything.

NFL center Ethan Dexter’s focus has always been on playing football and little else. Except when it comes to one particular woman. The lovely Fiona Mackenzie might not care about his fame, but she’s also never looked at him as anything more than one of her brother-in-law’s best friend. That ends now.

Fi doesn’t know what to make of Dex. The bearded, tattooed, mountain of man-muscle looks more like a biker than a football player. Rumor has it he’s a virgin, but she finds that hard to believe. Because from the moment he decides to turn his quiet intensity on her she’s left weak at the knees and aching to see his famous control fully unleashed.

Dex is looking for a forever girl, but they live vastly different lives in separate cities. Fi ought to guard her heart and walk away. But Dex has upped his game and is using all his considerable charm to convince Fi he's her forever man.

Game On
Buy It!!
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1KwZfSo


Babes - let's talk about this book!
What did you think?
Bella - 5 stars!
I'm such a huge fan of this series!!!
In The Game Plan, Dexter really made the book for me.  I love his quiet intensity.  I love that he's a 24 year old virgin. With long hair, a beard, tattoos, bulging muscles AND piercings.  This package is just mind boggling.  The fact that he has wanted Fi for so long and she has been a bit clueless makes me want to just shove Fi out of the way and take really good care of Ethan. Sigh. Not to mention he's good with babies.  And plays professional football.  And he's an artist.  Seriously.  This is a character that will make your panties wet and your ovaries explode.

The chemistry between Ethan and Fi was HOT.  Despite living in different cities, they were just drawn to each other.

I love seeing the characters from the first 2 books.  Drew and Anna, Gray and Ivy - I felt like I was catching up with old friends.  You know you're a total book nerd when you miss fictional characters.  It was great to see them still together and still friends with each other.

There were some turns in the plot that I didn't see coming - I like it when I can't predict what will happen in a story.

Loved the epilogue too.  Sigh.  I need to read more of Kristen Callihan's other books besides this series because her writing just rocks.  Thank you for another amazing read!!!

Kara - 4 stars!
I love this series.  I can't believe our 4th co-blogger, Christy, has not read it.  I need everyone to read this series.  So damn entertaining!  Ethan is a big burly center.  Fi is the sweet little sister of his best friends wife.  LOVE THAT setting.  Ethan is real in this book. I pictured him getting mad - man I loved that scene...I could see it take place... I know that shit like that happens.  Callihan hit it out of the park with this one. 


Reanell - 5 stars!
I fell in book love here folks. I devoured this one. Like Kara said Callihan knocked it out of the park with this one. I love that Ethan had eyes only for Fi and that he waited to drop all his intensity on her until he was certain she was ready for him. And talk about swooning when he helped Gray out by taking care of his bundle of joy?! I literally swooned on the spot. And that dare that turned into probably the hottest kiss I've ever read before......DOUBLE SWOON! This book was perfection for me. So GO GRAB YOUR COPY AND READ IT!



Man-bun/beards - yes or no??
Bella - once upon a time I might have said no.  After reading about Ethan Dexter though, hell yes!!!  I must admit, I have never personally experienced a guy with long hair and a beard.  I hate it when my husband has stubble - it HURTS!  But lately, I've seen more and more guys with beards and (depending on the guy, of course) it's pretty sexy.  

Kara - man buns.  LOL. god, I am such a mom.  on my kid (he is 12) maybe - maybe not. In this book, on Ethan - uh, HELL YES! 
beards - yes please.  I love a man all ways though.  If you are comfortable in the skin you are in - you are pretty sexy. 

Reanell- Man buns HELL YES! Beards....HELL YES! I am attracted to the long hair and bearded men. (my hubby has had a beard almost the whole time we have been together)

Did this book push any buttons?
Bella
I applaud Kristen Callihan for mentioning birth control and STD's (although it was brief) - so many authors skip this step and it's one of my biggest pet peeves. 

The thing that drove me a little nuts was this sense of push and pull between Ethan and Fi.  Just when I thought they had a major breakthrough and they were totally into each other and their relationship was on solid ground - one of them would back off.  GAH!!  Drove me CRAZY.  Of course, they couldn't stay apart, but I could have done without the on again, off again.  Notice - this did not take away any stars - because I seriously devoured this book and couldn't get enough of Ethan and Fi's story.

Kara
a little bit of the push pull drove me nuts.  but placing myself in what I can only assume was the authors head - it takes more than that to make me put down a book.  I read for entertainment.  I will tell this to you all again and again... books are fun.  books are meant to bring out emotions.  so if an author wasn't doing that - then I am not reading the right books.  I am glad Callihan writes.  I am glad she entertains me time and time again.

Reanell- There wasn't anything that pushed any of my buttons other than the turn on button...wink, wink!

Bottom line....
READ THIS BOOK!!!  Start with The Hookup (currently 99 cents) and The Friend Zone.


Stalk Kristen Callihan
http://www.kristencallihan.com/
https://www.facebook.com/KristenCallihan
https://twitter.com/Kris10Callihan
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23204215-the-game-plan

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon