Monday, August 17, 2015

Beneath Blood and Bone review tour!

CHRISTY'S 5 STAR REVIEW:


   photo 4b423a38-5d56-4b1c-a1a9-40ca90bbca92_zpsxt2omcgz.jpg


Reading primarily romance, sometimes I want a book thats different. A book thats completely raw and brutal. A story that keeps me on the edge of my seat and makes my heart beat faster. When I read Thicker Than Blood earlier this year, I found just that. After meeting Eagle in TTB, I was a little leery to read his story. He was not a good man. But in a time when the world has been infected and completely changed, it’s not surprising. There aren’t many good men left. After reading Eagle’s whole story in Beneath Blood and Bone, I can say with certainty that he is a good man and completely redeemed himself in my eyes.

Autumn is a young woman who has been out in the wild alone for far too long. She’s captured by the people at Purgatory and she just wants to go back to where her home was. Eagle, wanting to rebel, decides to take her and look after her. Clean her up, protect her and keep her safe. This is so out of character from the man he’s become, but its’s something he feels he needs to do.

   photo bd70f2ef-822d-4623-a2d4-f090ab54a18b_zpss9cp8fhm.jpg


Keeping and protecting Autumn, Eagle starts to regain something he thought was long gone. His humanity. His ability to feel, not just survive. Just surviving was what they were both doing for far too long, and they were both doing it alone. Now, they think just maybe there could be more to it than that.
 
The truth was, I didn’t want to survive on my own anymore. I didn't want to do any of this on my own. As I stared into his dark eyes, I could see that he didn’t want to either.


   photo ad2db7ff-db55-4ebf-b5a5-02c9ce9c0e20_zps99xu1znj.jpg


Eagle and Autumn have a hard time communicating at first. Autumn doesn’t trust him at all, and for good reason. But with time, she see’s what he’s been trying to hide. The real E. There are many obstacles these two have to overcome. Their time in Purgatory is far from easy. It’s messed up, intense and made my heart hurt many times. These books really bring out the feelings. They make you feel things you don’t expect to feel for these characters. I love these survival books, the gritty and real feel they have.

Madeline Sheehan and Claire C. Riley’s collaborative writing is flawless. I was amazed how they were able to turn Eagle into a real redeemable character and keep him true to who he is. They didn’t make him soft or anything, but learning some about his past, and his actions toward Autumn actually made him likable.

Once again, the ending wasn’t your traditional HEA, but I was completely satisfied with the place it ended. After reading the sneak peek for the next book, my first reaction was HELL NO- I am not reading about Liv. There is no way she can be redeemed, she’s terrible! But then I saw that the book was also about Adam, so now I have to read it! This is one series you won’t want to miss out on! Highly recommended!

   photo ff93f376-dfb1-4bc4-b7a6-80b97ffa1928_zps8yapipyc.jpg



BLURB

It is the end of the world.
They call him Eagle, like the grand and beautiful bird that symbolizes freedom. During these dark times, when humanity is experiencing nothing but suffering, a man with such a powerful name should be a beacon of hope, yet he is anything but.
Her name is Autumn, but she hasn’t said this name or much of anything else in the four years since the fall of civilization. A shell of her former self, living wild in a cave at the bottom of a ravine, Autumn is accustomed to being alone. She prefers it, actually, especially when her only options for company either try to kill her, or worse, to lock her up inside their walls.
Captured by Eagle’s people, Autumn is suddenly thrust back into the land of the living, but she would hardly call it living. The community of Purgatory is full of sinners, the most evil of whom seem to have set their sights on her.
In an act born of anger and defiance, Eagle becomes Autumn’s unexpected savior, forcing these two solitary people into each other’s broken worlds. Neither knows quite what to make of the other, but one thing is certain. To survive Purgatory, they must learn how to rely on each other, a feat that could possibly teach them both how to live again.

BUY LINKS:
Amazon US:  http://amzn.to/1McS9rp

B&N:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/beneath-blood-and-bone-claire-c-riley/1122478698?ean=2940152079890

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon