Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Beneath, You're Beautiful (Beneath #2) by Tori Madison

Kara's Review 

remember when I read this book in June of 2014?

I have been waiting on PINS & NEEDLES for THIS book.  Tori pulled out all the stops and made a home run with this book. The writing is great.  The characters are real.  The setting is my home state (Minnesota!).  There is just so so so much I really like about this story.... I want ALL OF YOU TO READ IT. 

**Yes it is about cancer.  but please don't let that scare you - it really is about love & character (who you are when no one is watching).  So read Tori's journey... and I will be here to hold your hand.



Excerpt


Four words continue to haunt me . . .

You. Have. Breast. Cancer. 

I associate them with the upheaval of my life to this point. The last few months have been a test of my strength . . . mentally, emotionally, and physically. Cancer is a monster. It preys on your mind and it consumes you, consistently reminding you of how your life used to be. Life before cancer. I was a successful business woman, running my own design firm, and was happily married to my college sweetheart. My life seemed perfect. Until it suddenly came crashing down all around me.

So, here I am, in the midst of treatment, incinerating the remnants of my shattered marriage and attempting to piece the rest of my life back together. With three amazing friends pushing me forward, the ‘post-chemo’ finish line is coming into view.

And then . . . there’s him. The man I never anticipated. The one who breathes hope and meaning back into my life. A man who kisses my scars and shows me that I’m beautiful. I never expected him. Hell, I never expected cancer. I’m finally ready to write my future, a future I never planned on, but one that is sure to exceed anything I ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon