Wednesday, January 28, 2015

5 stars for Second Debt by Pepper Winters


Second Debt by Pepper Winter  is LIVE!
Read the dark & sexy continuation to Jethro & Nila’s Story!
NOW AVAILABLE

Second Debt (Book Three) Indebted Series

Blurb
“I tried to play a game. I tried to wield deceit as perfectly as the Hawks. But when I thought I was winning, I wasn’t. Jethro isn’t what he seems—he’s the master of duplicity. However, I refuse to let him annihilate me further.”
Nila Weaver has grown from naïve seamstress to full-blown fighter. Every humdrum object is her arsenal, and sex…sex is her greatest weapon of all.
She’s paid the First Debt. She’ll probably pay more.
But she has no intention of letting the Hawks win.
Jethro Hawk has found more than a worthy adversary in Nila—he’s found the woman who could destroy him. There’s a fine line between hatred and love, and an even finer path between fear and respect.
The fate of his house rests on his shoulders, but no matter how much ice lives inside his heart, Nila flames too bright to be extinguished.

Christy's 5 star review!

Second Debt (Indebted, #3)Second Debt by Pepper Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 stars!


   photo 7a9908cd-2f53-4b1a-a9a6-cd1561bb4ecd_zps3e37b5e6.jpg


Second Debt is another deliciously dark and intense installment in the Indebted series. With every book in this series, I get more drawn in, more invested in Nila and Jethro’s story. I have to know what happens next. And after the ending of this one, I’m just dying for the next one!

Nila Weaver thought maybe there was something more to Jethro Hawk. That she could make him care for her. Fall for her. And maybe, just maybe, things would turn out differently for her than the rest of the Weaver women. But then Nila sees something that changes that for her. It makes her lose all emotion for anyone with the name Hawk. All emotion except for hate.

   photo 0e622629-127a-4966-b4ba-2c6b92e8f1b0_zps34c698f1.jpg


Jethro will do what he has to. He is a Hawk. It’s his legacy, but it’s more than that. It’s not just whats expected of him, it’s required. In Debt Inheritance, I wondered if Jethro Hawk was a redeemable man, or truly just a monster. In First Debt, I thought that maybe, just maybe he wasn’t as bad as I originally thought.  After reading Second Debt, Pepper did something I didn’t think she’d be able to do. Not only did she make Jethro redeemable to me, but she made me love the guy. He’s not perfect- no where near perfect, but he is doing what he has to do to survive. And in his own way, he does care for Nila. Maybe even more than cares for her… he makes that fairly obvious.
 
“You’re mine, therefore, you are my affliction. So I will feel what you feel, and i will live what you live. You won’t understand what I mean. Not yet. But it’s my best sacrifice. The only thing I can offer.”



Nila is so much tougher than I ever gave her credit for. The things she’s gone through, the emotion and turmoil she feels. It’s a lot to handle. And on top of all that, worrying about her life and death situation, she’s gone and done something she swore she would never do. As much hate she has for the Hawks, Jethro has worked his way into her heart.
 

    I’d become enraptured by my capturer. My tormentor. My would-be murderer. I only had eyes for him. My heart only beat for him. What does that say about me?
 

   photo 3cd6c293-b3e3-4106-b340-9819feb83d58_zps74bc4291.jpg


This series has hooked me. I can’t stop reading. I am half way through, and I am even more invested than I was in the beginning. I need to know what happens with this couple. I love how these books keep me on edge. I never know what sick and twisted things are going to happen. I never know whether I’m going to cry, smile, or rage.

I love how strong this heroine is. I love how Pepper has created an unlovable antihero and made me fall for him. Being in Jethro’s head makes it so easy to see whats going on and makes me feel his struggle. Feel his conflict. My heart breaks for these two. I’m not sure how it’s going to be possible for them to have their happy ending, but I guess we have a few books left. If I’ve learned anything about this series it’s that anything can happen…

If you’re looking for a dark, twisted, erotic, fast paced and captivating series, these are books I highly recommend. I love Pepper’s writing, and the story is just so unexpected and great!

   photo a5e91248-9b24-4fc4-b46f-c01b5240eab0_zps60cf084c.jpg

 
   
“It’s your initials that I bear. Your mark. Your brand. I may be born a Hawk, but I’ve been captured by a Weaver.”

 




View all my reviews





Debt Inheritance (Book One) Indebted Series

First Debt (Book Two) Indebted Series



Second Debt (Book Three) Indebted Series


Author Information

Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex... her books have sex. 
She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends. 

Her Dark Erotica books include:
Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark #1)
Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark #2)

Her Grey Romance books include:
Destroyed

STALK Pepper: Website | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Goodreads 


GIVEAWAY
Signed Paperback of Second Debt



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon