Sunday, November 2, 2014

Addicted After All by Krista & Becca Ritchie - Review @KBRitchie



Addicted After All by Krista Ritchie
Bella's rating: 5 of 5 stars

The FEELS! Man. I love this book.

It's hard for me to express how much I love this series. By now, I'm 6 books into the series and the character development has been so good that I feel like I really know the characters. I think about them, talk about them, laugh about things they did, etc - like they are real live people in my world.

So I was totally excited to get back in touch with the gang and see what they are up to. I was sad knowing that this is the last book from Lily and Lo's POV. But, I know that there are 2 more books after this dealing with the same core set of characters, so it's not the absolute end yet. **can't even think about the absolute end yet - sigh**

The thing that struck me most about this book is that Lily and Lo have grown so much since I first met them.

This is the new Loren Hale. One that has learned from all of his mistakes. One that understands right and wrong and every gray, messy part in between.

They are still battling with high's and low's of life. The media spotlight shines bright on them and they still battle with their addictions, but they are strong. They are loyal. And they are completely devoted to each other.

There are moments with Lily where I feel like we're one person. Where we share every sensation that bites our skin.

Although Addicted After All is from Lily and Lo's POV's, Daisy, Ryke, Connor and Rose are just as much the main characters. This is what I love. This core group. They are living together under one roof and I LOVE seeing them interact. The banter. The relationships between all of them. I just want to dive into the book and join their group.

Poppy and Sam make are in this book in parts. And although it was nice to see them, it was clear that they are a bit separate from the core group of 6.

Here are my highlights/favorite parts of the book:
~ The writing. I have to applaud Krista & Becca Ritchie. The writing is so great. It sucks me into the story and I forget that I'm reading. I'm just living in their world for a little while.
~ Truth or dare was AWESOME. OMG, Rykes dare!!! Loved it!!!!
~ Connor and Lo - so many moments between them that were hilarious. But there was one moment that was so raw and honest that I couldn't control the tears flowing down my face.
~ The limo - again, Connor did me in!!! Yep, crying here too. So emotional.
~ Lily. She kicked ass in this book.
~ Lo. Looking through my highlights, most of them are from him. He is so strong in this book. So aware of himself and his past mistakes and the mistakes that his father made raising him. He has grown and he is trying to be a better person.
~ Ryke & Daisy - loved watching these two and the chemistry they have together.
~ Connor & Rose - they don't disappoint either. The banter. The bickering. The heat.
~ Super sexy. Yes, there are parts of this book that will melt your panties off.
~ The FEELS!! This book made me laugh OUT LOUD, made me cringe, made me lust, made me sigh, gave me a lump in my throat, made me gasp, made me cry and made me so proud.
~ The babies - OMG. I loved seeing Connor, Rose, Lily and Lo as parents. Especially Rose.

I could go on and on and on.

Suffice it to say, I fucking love this book. And this series.

And I highly recommend.

Read it.

Right now - but start at the beginning.

It's an amazing journey that started with Lily and Lo.

I'm not just hers. She's mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you haven't read this series, Here are links to the other books and I've put them in reading order. Click on the image to take you to amazon.  Get ready to one click!!! Aren't the covers drool worthy?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon