Sunday, November 30, 2014

5 stars for THE KING by Tiffany Reisz

The King (The Original Sinners: White Years, #2)The King by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


5 Rolls Royce stars!


   photo d75340e9-eacc-4ea4-9a05-d9f19d8096b4_zps1f26a570.jpg


It’s no secret that Kingsley is my favorite out of the Original Sinners bunch. Nora is amazing, so is Griffin and Søren, but King is the best of the best for me! When I heard the next White Years book was The King I was so excited I couldn't’ stand it. After reading, I’m even more certain King is my favorite. I loved getting his perspective, seeing how things started with him and how he came to be King of the Eight Circle. Hell, I loved everything about this one!
 
   “I have something to tell you. A story. And I can’t tell you why I’m telling you the story until after the story.”

Kingsley Edge is the owner of Circle Eight. The boss man. He’s an intriguing bisexual man, he’s a secret switch in the BDSM world and he is comfortable in his own skin. That’s who he is now. There was a time when he was just a man who owned a strip club in NYC. A man who had gone years without seeing his bestfriend/lover. A man back from war with no real direction. A man with no true path. But when Søren came back into his life, things changed for him.

   photo ba1b83d2-7b82-4fda-b1d4-dd9aaa6fb6c8_zpse1d12fe6.jpg


I love the dynamic of Søren and King’s relationship. I am a huge fan of Nora, but in my heart of hearts, I have these incredible fantasies that King and Søren belong together and will end up with each other in the end. I know I’m delusional. I also know why it would never work and I know Nora and Søren are meant to be but I can’t help it. I love these two together so much.

Most of this was written pre-Nora. Nora was around, but it was before Kingsley had a part in her life. Even though Nora isn’t really in the book, she is still a big deal (view spoiler).
Back to Kingsley and Søren, I love the back and forth banter between these two...
 
   
“You know I have to have more sexy to make up for all the sex you aren’t having. Someone has to restore the balance in the universe.”

“The universe thanks you for your sacrifice.”

 


But I also loved the more sweet and loving moments too.
 
“When I met you,”  Søren said again, “it was the first time I questioned my calling.”



   photo eb428c08-6bc9-47cd-9beb-5361d98a1e6a_zps69dddfd7.jpg


This wasn’t only the Kingsley and Søren show, there was another huge character that we’ve only got snippets of in the past. Sam. Sam and Kingsley have a very unique relationship. Reading about them gave this a different kind of element. It just worked. I love how protective King was over Sam, even though she really didn’t need it. You could feel the love between these two.

Watching Kingsley grow from a man who had no real direction, who was broken from a war and a lost love, and turning into the powerful ruler of his kingdom was really something special.

   photo 0e5f0b3a-a1a1-4548-9dd4-0ce238a179f4_zps55c1fda5.jpg


I hope everyone who reads this book and maybe wasn’t the biggest King fan will end up loving him as much as I do. I mean really, how can you not love this man? He is full of so much love. It might be buried and sometimes come out in a funny way, but it’s there. When he loves someone, he loves them fiercely and unconditionally. He’s really a beautiful person.

Tiffany Reisz never ceases to amaze me with her brilliantness. Her writing is just so damn good. She is able to write taboo stories with BDSM, erotica and so much heart and she does it flawlessly. And her characters- I could read about them forever. this is one of those series I could never grow tired of reading. As long as she keeps writing them, I swear I will keep reading! The King was perfection.

   photo 2e11c1ab-5393-4fa0-9d6c-d522ab386cc7_zps48114ee0.jpg

 
   
His confession hadn’t been to a priest but about a priest, the priest he loved not despite all the sins they’d committed against each other but because of them, because the sins were what bound them together.
And the love. Of course the love. Always the love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon