Wednesday, August 21, 2013

MORE THAN THIS... A 5 star must read kind of book!


More Than This (More #1)More Than This by Jay McLean
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5- I more than a lot liked this book- stars!!!


   photo b40e4fd5-21f0-4b53-9148-dac9ec388ff0_zpsf65fc7e6.jpg


This book hooked me from the start and I couldn’t put it down. Loved every single page! I’m going to throw this out at the very beginning of my review- this one is going straight to the favorites shelf!

In one night my fairytale ended... or it may have begun.
It’s just one day. 24 hours. But for Mikayla, that one day alters her entire life. Kayla’s life was pretty great. She had fun and awesome parents, a sweet little sister, a best friend- Megan, and her boyfriend of 4 years, James. In one night, she loses them all in some way. In that night, she also finds the other half of her heart.

Kayla meets Jake, the circumstances are less than ideal, but in some way or another, they just connect. She would never know this random guy she meets on the night of her prom will change her life, save her life. Jake doesn’t know what it is about Mikayla, but from the moment he lays eyes on her, he knows. Something is different about this girl. He can’t let her walk away.

After a traumatic event, Kayla finds herself leaning on Jake, relying on Jake, this boy she has known less than 24 hours makes her feel safe, cared for, he lessens the pain.

   photo 82432699-52a6-485a-b2da-80c770f0012e_zps4d65867c.jpg


Their bond, their friendship, it’s just amazing. JAKE is just amazing. I’m talking Josh Bennett, Andrew Parrish type amazing. The best kind. I’m a little obsessed with this guy. As time goes on, Jake and his family and friends are exactly what Kayla needs to heal and try to get on with her life. She and Jake have some serious feelings for each other, even if they don’t admit them out loud. Jake gives Kayla the strength she needs to go on.
 
I think I’m in love with this beautifully broken girl.



   photo 34207d56-6120-43ea-a22e-7f9cf82f7ebc_zps536bcf6a.jpg

 
I so much more than a lot like you.



I loved the friendship these two developed. The intimate moments they shared. The build up and sexual tension was off the charts.

   photo 6574a39e-a326-4d9a-ab5d-be8033371ec3_zps06caf12b.jpg


Waiting for these two to reveal how they truly felt for one another was brutal at times... even though they weren’t official, I loved that they still belonged to each other.

   photo 16506ee6-6756-4a9b-8ea3-af6b5f74ab46_zpsae04032a.jpg


All Jake ever wanted was to be there for Kayla, to take care of her, love her. But he wants all of her, not just parts, so he waits until she is ready to give him all of it.
 
It’s the fucking hardest thing to do, to be around the person you love, with everything you have, and not be able to love them.



Kayla knows how she feels about Jake. She has never doubted those feelings. Others can see it too...
 
The way she looks at you- like you’re the only one. You’re it, Jake. You’re all of it. Her forever.



   photo 8068db57-383c-4f12-b8e5-b36810a276ad_zps42fd3fdb.jpg

 
‘It’s just you. It’s only ever been just you. It will always only ever be just you.’



It’s just getting to the point in her life when Kayla feels complete enough to be with Jake wholly that is difficult. But sometimes, you have to move on. Let go. Embrace your life.
 
I will not let bad people dictate what should be a good life.




Some of my FAVORITE things/quotes:

   photo 6aff0df5-7417-49d5-95ff-8baba46255e9_zps22983bd4.jpg

 
   
‘Why does he get to call you Kayla, and everyone else calls you Mickey?’ I shrug. ‘Because my family called me Kayla.’

Do not settle for anything less that the Jake Andrews of the world. Because they exist, and not just in fairytales.

Once he’s inside me, I work it out, why I never felt like this before. Because if I compare my feelings for Jake to anyone else, then I know. I know I’ve never loved anyone before. Not even a little bit. Not even at all.

I love him, so much more than a lot.

 



This book was just all kinds of awesome. It will put you through the ringer emotionally. The best part was, even through all the tears and devastating, emotional moments, there were a lot of smiles, a lot of swooning, and  a lot of laughter. Isn’t that the best kind of book? That can make you feel, make you cry, but also makes you happy. It is for me. I loved the dual pov- inside of Jakes head... YES! I know I touched on this a little bit before, but Jake Andrews... Jake was everything you could ever want in a man. Seriously the best. Without him, I don’t even know how Kayla’s story would have turned out. He is just incredible! There were also some pretty wonderful secondary characters: Lucy and Logan were my favorite. I swear Lucy could be my twin- lol ;) And Logan... I am so happy he is getting his own book. But the ending sentence or two... what was that? I need more of this guy!

Heartbreaking, heartwarming, beautiful and emotional story about love, friendship, moving on and letting go. Don’t pass this one up. I can’t even tell you why I loved it so much- it just gave me that ‘feeling’, you know, the one you get after you read a book you can’t get out of your head- I just was so happy after reading, you couldn’t get that smile off of my face! Highly recommend this one!!! ♥


View all my reviews


Book Description:

*Mikayla*
In one night my fairytale ended. Or it may have begun. This is my story of friendship and love, heartbreak and desire, and the strength to show weakness.

*Jake*
One night I met a girl. A sad and broken girl, but one more beautiful than any other. She laughed through her sadness, while I loved through her heartbreak.

*This is our story of a maybe ever after.*

He was right. It made no difference whether it was 6 months or 6 years. 
I couldn’t undo what had been done. I couldn’t change the future.
I couldn’t even predict it. 
It was one night.
One night when everything changed.
It was so much more than just the betrayal.
It was the Tragedy. 
The Deaths. 
The Murders.
But it was also that feeling.
The feeling of falling. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon